Holiday Applications Now Open!
Hello Grassroots Readers!
We are excited to announce that we are now taking applications for Groupon Grassroots holiday campaigns. For the third consecutive year, Groupon Grassroots will feature six weeks of holiday campaigns running from early November through late December. These campaigns will be integrated with Groupon’s overall holiday deals and will run nationally in all Groupon markets in the United States. Applications will be accepted between August 1 and September 14, 2012.
This year, we’re looking to feature both nonprofit organizations and social ventures during the holidays. The selection criteria for holiday campaigns is the same as our standard process with a few exceptions:
- A partner with national reach and a project that with impact on the local level (focus on US communities)
- A matching donor (note: a confirmed matching donor is not required at the time of application). See more information about matching-donor engagement here.
- Giftable campaigns, such as this one for DonorsChoose.org where supporters purchased gift cards to select the classroom projects of their choice
- See additional examples of past holiday campaigns for KaBOOM! and Feeding America that fit this year’s criteria
Social venture campaigns
- A venture with national reach that has the ability to ship its wares anywhere in the continental United States
- See examples of past social-venture campaigns for Women’s Bean Project and Bright Endeavors.
Getting featured through Groupon Grassroots during the holidays is a big deal for a few reasons:
- It raises more funds than the average Grassroots campaign. Last year, Grassroots holiday campaigns raised more than $1.1 million dollars.
- It engages more donors and activates more supporters than average campaigns. Last year, Grassroots holiday campaigns reached more than 24,000 individuals.
- It can be integrated with end-of-year fundraising efforts
- It’s a unique opportunity for us to spotlight larger national organizations since Grassroots traditionally features smaller, local, grassroots organizations
- Benefit from Groupon’s super-size holiday PR and marketing efforts
Don’t take our word for it, here’s what our community partners had to say:
“Working with Groupon was fantastic. They provide a powerful combination of awareness and impact in a very efficient, highly trusted program.”
– Ian Hunter, Director, New Partnerships, Feeding America
“We have been thrilled by our ongoing partnership with Groupon. Working with Groupon Grassroots gave us tremendous visibility and reach to new donors who have since come back to donate to DonorsChoose.org. Our deal sold out in a matter of two days and we were amazed by the power of the Groupon model to fundraise and create tremendous impact to public school classrooms nationwide.”
– Janelle Lin, Vice President, Partnerships and Business Development, DonorsChoose.org
“As a matching donation participant in a Grouponicus campaign, we appreciated the opportunity to help bring new donors to our national partner KaBOOM! and reach a new audience with a message about our work together.”
– Irene Shimoda, Director, Corporate Communications, Foresters
To apply for a holiday campaign, submit an application here and be sure to mark the city as “Holiday” under the drop-down menu in Section 3.
If you don’t work for a national nonprofit or social enterprise, why don’t you encourage one to apply? You can share this post with your favorite nonprofit or social venture announcement via Twitter, Facebook, and email.